Web Hacking: Become a Professional Web Pentester
Learn everything you need to execute web application security assessments as a professional ethical hacker.
What you’ll learn
- Why hacking is fun
- Understand web security problems and how to fix them
- Find security vulnerabilities in web applications
- Start working as a penetration tester for web applications
- How traditional and modern web applications work
- How the process of ethical hacking works
- Get practical experience in exploiting web applications
- How to do ethical hacking projects the right way
- How professional penetration testing works
- Students need to have IT background.
- Virtual machines are used in the course, a user level understanding of VMWare or Virtualbox is needed.
This course contains everything to start working as a web pentester. You will learn about exploitation techniques, hacking tools, methodologies, and the whole process of security assessments. It is absolutely hands-on, you will do all the attacks in your own penetration testing environment using the provided applications. The targets are real open-source software. You will have to work hard but at the end you will be able to do web security assessments on your own as a real ethical hacker.
My name is Geri and I am the instructor of this course about web application hacking. If you are interested in hacking and IT security, then this is the perfect place to start. You might be a developer, an IT administrator, or basically anybody with an IT background. With this training you will get everything you need to start working as a professional web penetration tester.
But why would you want to become one? First of all because it is lot’s of fun. You can be in the position of an attacker trying to hack various system. Finding vulnerabilities exploiting them and taking over the system. You can find the true hacker in yourself. It is a very creative and exciting job.
Also the security business is booming now. I get offers every day on LinkedIn, because there is a serious shortage of penetration testers. As companies figure out that they really have to care about security they face the problem that they cannot find people to do that. And it just keeps growing. And because of that you can earn pretty well even as a white hat ethical hacker, so there is no reason to go to the dark side. B ecome a Professional Web Pentester Become a Professional Web Pentester
But why should you learn web hacking. Mostly because there is the biggest demand on the market. Wherever you go to work right now as a penetration tester, around 80 % of the projects are web hacking related. This usually because the awareness of web security was already established and because basically everything has a web interface from web application to embedded devices or IoT. Also because that is the fastest to learn.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to secure their web applications. Become a Professional Web Pentester
- People who want to become penetration tester. Become a Professional Web Pentester Become a Professional Web Pentester
- Penetration testers who want extend their portfolio to web applications.
- Anybody who work in IT or studies it and is interested in web hacking. Become a Professional Web Pentester