Ruby on Rails 6: Learn 25+ gems and build a Startup MVP 2021
Code-Along & build an advanced e-learning platform. Biggest, Most complete Ruby on Rails 6 course. Always updated.
What you’ll learn
- How to build an online learning platform with Ruby on Rails
- How to build a Udemy Clone
- Ruby on Rails
- Yarn and Webpacker
- gem simple_form
- gem faker
- gem devise
- gem friendly_id
- gem ransack
- gem public_activity
- gem rolify
- gem pundit
- gem exception_notification
- gem haml-rails
- gem pagy
- gem chartkick
- gem groupdate
- gem ranked-model
- gem aws-sdk-s3
- gem active_storage_validations
- gem image_processing
- gem recaptcha
- gem omniauth-google-oauth2
- gem wicked
- gem wicked_pdf
- Rails 6 active_storage
- gem rails-erd
- AWS Cloud9
- AWS S3
- AWS IAM
- google analytics
- google recaptcha
- gem stripe
- Rails 6 scopes
- Rails 6 counter_cache
- Rails 6 callbacks
- Rails 6 ActionText
- Rails 6 dependent: restrict_with_error
- Rails 6 helpers
- Rails 6 ActionMailer
- Rails 6 Credentials
- selectize js
- jquery-ui sortable
- Modern browser and internet connection
- A basic understanding of programming would be helpful, Basic knowledge of Ruby and Rails will be a plus
- No paid software required
I’m proud to say that this is the most feature-rich Ruby-on-Rails-6 course on the internet.
The course contains 200 lectures and 20 hours of video content.
It is a result of my 6 years of Software Engineering experience and 6 months of course writing.
Through the years of being a software developer I’ve learnt a lot by trial, error, and research.
You don’t have to spend all the time I did!
In this course I’ve summed up the best practices of using different gems and features.
You will be able to learn it all by practice!
As well we will learn to troubleshoot different issues in development and production.
In this course you will:
- Learn to build your own advanced online learning platform step-by-step, feature-by-feature (like a Udemy or Skillshare)
- get access to the source code of the final application
- gain the broad knowledge and skill needed to create basically any web application you can think of
- get acquainted with all the modern technologies needed to find a Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer job.
As a beginner, you will learn the whole process of developing an application with multiple features.
As an experienced developer, you will master features that you didn’t have a lot of experience with.
Here are a few topics that we will cover in the course:
Learn 25+ most popular Ruby on Rails gems:
- simple_form – industry-standard way to create forms
- faker – create fake data
- friendly_id – create pretty URLs
- ransack – search and filter data
- public_activity – track all actions in the application
- pagy – the best gem for pagination
- devise – authentication (users can log in)
rolify – assign users different roles
pundit – authorization (users can perform different actions)
haml-rails – industry-standard markup language
chartkick – beautiful charts
groupdate – group data by periods
exception_notifications – error messages in production
rails-erd – generate an Entity Relationship Diagram
ranked-model – order items in a list
aws-sdk-s3 – store files on AWS S3
active_storage_validations – validate attachments
image_processing – display and manage images
recaptcha – no bots will sign up
wicked_pdf – style and generate PDF documents
wicked – wizard for step-by-step forms
omniauth-google-oauth2 – sign in with google
omniauth-facebook – sign in with facebook
omniauth-github – sign in with github
cocoon – nested forms
stripe – accept payments
Who this course is for:
- If you want to create your own e-learning platform for selling content online
- If you want to learn how to build professional grade Ruby on Rails applications
- If you want to start your own startup by building your own websites and web apps.
- If you want to be a web app developer: This course will introduce you to many in-depth mechanics of Ruby on Rails
- If you are already acquainted with Ruby on Rails and wants to deepen your knowledge