Master Full-Stack Web Development | Node, SQL, React, & More
Build a fullstack project with Node.js, PostgreSQL, SQL, React, Redux and more! Covers APIs, authentication, and beyond!
What you’ll learn
- Build a backend server and application with Node.
- Build a web API with Node and Express.
- Build a web application with React and Redux.
- Build a secure authentication system from scratch.
- Understand NodeJS under the hood, including the V8 engine and the famous event loop.
- Understand relational database design and its advantages.
- Understand essential web development concepts like web requests, client-server relationships, and the core web protocols.
- Know the tradeoffs between certain software naming practices for functions and table names in the database.
- Some coding experience is required for this course. This course is not an intro to programming. It’s best taken after one or two intro to programming courses have already been completed.
- Node, PostgreSQL, React, and Redux experience is NOT required. All of these concepts will be explained from the beginning.
- Some experience on the command line is recommended, but not absolutely required. This course does have a short refresher on command line principles, and we’ll only use the basics. But the more comfortable you are on the command line, the better.
Why should you take this course?
With five minutes, allow me to explain why.
This is the course that I needed before becoming a software engineer
This is the course that I needed before becoming a full-time software engineer, working downtown in San Francisco. It teaches the concepts that I put into practice every day. It’s crucial to understand the entire full-stack.
But while I was self-learning, covering every layer full-stack was like searching for distant fragments of a huge puzzle. All the resources were spread out. They were all in different locations. Master Full-Stack Master Full-Stack
I needed it all in one place. I needed it to be all in one project. That is the purpose of this course.
This course is the selected highlights of months (years actually) of research. Of reading hundreds of coding articles. Of listening to tech talks. Of building projects at hackathons. Of studying computer science in college. Of working on projects as a software engineer.
All in one place. In one all-encompassing project. Master Full-Stack Master Full-Stack Master Full-Stack
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with some programming experience, that wants to learn what it takes to make a full-stack application.
- Students who have learned React, but have yet to build a full-stack project.
- Those who have backend experience, but also want frontend experience. Same for frontend engineers, who want backend experience.
- Students who know a little bit of Node, PostgreSQL, React, and/or Redux, but still haven’t put all of these concepts together.