Kotlin for Beginners: Learn Programming With Kotlin
Learn Kotlin from scratch! Grasp object-orientation and idiomatic Kotlin to realize coding projects and Android apps!
What you’ll learn
- Create professional applications using Kotlin, the new Java-based programming language developed by Jetbrains
- Understand the concepts of the Kotlin language and how it integrates neatly with Java
- Understand the basics of object-oriented software development, the most important development paradigm
- Understand the principles behind other object-oriented languages like Java, C++, PHP, C#, Scala, or Swift
- Use Intellij, the popular Java (and Kotlin) IDE, to write code effectively and professionally
- Read code and write your Kotlin code as well
- We will go through all setup you need in order to use Kotlin
- You must be able to install new software on your computer (JDK + IntelliJ), we will go through the actual process inside the course.
>> This is the only Udemy course that is referenced from the official Kotlin website as well as the official Android developers website for people who want to learn Kotlin, whether for Android or other purposes!
>> Learn programming in Kotlin, the most beautiful modern programming language based on Java!
>> Join this beginner-friendly course to learn to write code with an awesome and easy-to-learn language!
>> Expand your expertise as a Java or Android Developer and improve the quality of your code!
>> I’ll answer every question you have, help you personally if you get stuck and listen to your feedback! Join 15,000+ happy students of mine on Udemy! Kotlin for Beginners
This course will teach you programming in Kotlin! We begin with the basics so this course is completely suitable for beginners. You will put what you learn into practice in several coding challenges. So at the end, you’ll be able to create your own applications in Kotlin.
If you’re an Android developer, you can use this course to get up to speed with this awesome language. Kotlin will allow you to maintain a cleaner and more expressive code base, use concepts that go beyond even Java 8, and write more robust apps for Android.
Topics covered include: Kotlin for Beginners
- Variables & nullable types (null safety)
- Conditionals: if and when
- Loops: for and while
- Functions Kotlin for Beginners
- Object orientation: classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance etc.
- Data classes (a handy feature in Kotlin)
- UPDATE: more object-orientation + binary and hexadecimal numbers
- UPDATE: the information hiding principle + generics
This course also covers object-orientation, the major development paradigm you need to grasp in today’s world. But we will also look at functional programming concepts that will make your life much easier. Kotlin for Beginners
Once you understand these, you will also be able to understand other object-oriented languages, including Java, PHP, C++, C#, Scala, or Swift. They all use this same basic paradigms. Kotlin for Beginners
So get in now to help shape this course and become part of the community inside!
Who this course is for:
- You do not need programming skills, we will start from scratch and slowly make our way to intermediate and more advanced topics
- You should be excited to learn an awesome new programming language!
- You will need basic skills in handling a PC, so you should know how to install and run applications on your computer.
- Android developers who want to get started with Kotlin