Introduction to Machine Learning for Data Science
A primer on Machine Learning for Data Science. Revealed for everyday people, by the Backyard Data Scientist.
What you’ll learn
- Genuinely understand what Computer Science, Algorithms, Programming, Data, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science is.
- To understand how these different domains fit together, how they are different, and how to avoid the marketing fluff.
- The Impacts Machine Learning and Data Science is having on society.
- To really understand computer technology has changed the world, with an appreciation of scale.
- To know what problems Machine Learning can solve, and how the Machine Learning Process works.
- How to avoid problems with Machine Learning, to successfully implement it without losing your mind!
- A passion to learn, and basic computer skills!
- Students should understand basic high-school level mathematics, but Statistics is not required to understand this course.
Course Most Recently Updated Nov/2018!
Thank you all for the huge response to this emerging course! We are delighted to have over 20,000 students in over 160 different countries. I’m genuinely touched by the overwhelmingly positive and thoughtful reviews. It’s such a privilege to share and introduce this important topic with everyday people in a clear and understandable way.
I’m also excited to announce that I have created real closed captions for all course material, so weather you need them due to a hearing impairment, or find it easier to follow long (great for ESL students!)… I’ve got you covered. Introduction to Machine
To make this course “real”, we’ve expanded. In November of 2018, the course went from 41 lectures and 8 sections, to 62 lectures and 15 sections! We hope you enjoy the new content!
Unlock the secrets of understanding Machine Learning for Data Science!
In this introductory course, the “Backyard Data Scientist” will guide you through wilderness of Machine Learning for Data Science. Accessible to everyone, this introductory course not only explains Machine Learning, but where it fits in the “techno sphere around us”, why it’s important now, and how it will dramatically change our world today and for days to come.
Our exotic journey will include the core concepts of:
The train wreck definition of computer science and one that will actually instead make sense. Introduction to Machine
An explanation of data that will have you seeing data everywhere that you look! Introduction to Machine
One of the “greatest lies” ever sold about the future computer science. I ntroduction to Machine
A genuine explanation of Big Data, and how to avoid falling into the marketing hype. Introduction to Machine
What is Artificial intelligence? Can a computer actually think? How do computers do things like navigate like a GPS or play games anyway?
What is Machine Learning? And if a computer can think – can it learn?
What is Data Science, and how it relates to magical unicorns!
How Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data and Data Science interrelate to one another. Introduction to Machine
Who this course is for:
- Before you load Python, Before you start R – you need this course. This introductory course will introduce you to the Fundamentals, that you need before you start getting “Hands on”.
- Anyone interested in understanding how Machine Learning is used for Data Science.
- Including business leaders, managers, app developers, consumers – you!
- Adventurous folks, whom are ready to strap themselves into the exotic world of Data Science and Machine Learning.