Git a Web Developer Job: Mastering the Modern Workflow
What you’ll learn
- Build websites using the modern skills, tools, and best-practices that companies are looking for in developers.
- Confidently apply for web developer jobs knowing you can jump into a dev team and immediately contribute to projects.
- You’ll need a basic understanding of HTML and CSS. Do you know how to use HTML to create a paragraph element? Do you know how to use CSS to make that paragraph orange?
- All software we’ll use is 100% free, and we’ll use 100% free web hosting through the GitHub and Netlify services
- I recommend a modern text editor: Visual Studio Code is free and excellent (Google it). Git a Web Developer Job
- Access to your own computer or laptop (not a public computer like in a library) as we’ll be installing various tools on our computers throughout the course.
- Windows or Mac OS are great. Everything will work on Linux as well, but I don’t walk through any Linux-specific instructions.
This course was completely redesigned in November of 2019 to match the demands and trends of the industry. Git a Web Developer Job
You already understand the basics of HTML and CSS, but you don’t necessarily feel qualified for the web developer jobs you want. In this course we’ll bridge that gap by building a mobile-first responsive website, together, step-by-step. Along the way we’ll learn the modern skill-set that companies are looking for in developers.
I know what companies are looking for because as a senior developer I’ve been on the hiring side of job interviews. Every time we passed on a candidate I’d think to myself “It would be nice if we could point them towards a course that taught the exact skill set we’re looking for.” Git a Web Developer Job
I couldn’t find a course like that – so I built this one. Git a Web Developer Job
By the end of this course you’ll be able to build sites using the modern skills, tools, and best-practices that companies need in developers. Git a Web Developer Job
Take your developer career to the next level by:
- Learning Git, GitHub, and command-line basics to collaborate with other developers and deploy your sites live up onto the web.
- Leveraging Node.js tools like NPM and webpack to save time by automating tasks.
- Enhancing your CSS knowledge with techniques (BEM & PostCSS) to keep your styles super-organized and manageable even on larger sites.
- Speeding up your sites with the mobile-first performance philosophy.
- Using the Netlify service to not only host your website but also learn the very basics of cloud (or AWS Lambda) functions.
- Discovering tips to get more job interviews, do well in interviews, and continually progress in your career (avoid burnout & stagnation).
Who this course is for:
- You’ll benefit from this course if you’re looking to bridge the gap between what you currently know (HTML & CSS) and what hiring companies want you to know.