Docker Mastery: With Kubernetes +Swarm From A Docker Captain
Build, test, deploy containers with the best mega-course on Docker, Kubernetes, Compose, Swarm and Registry using DevOps
What you’ll learn
- How to use Docker, Compose and Kubernetes on your machine for better software building and testing.
- Learn Docker and Kubernetes official tools from an award-winning Docker Captain!
- Learn faster with included live chat group (21,000 members!) and weekly live Q&A.
- Gain the skills to build development environments with your code running in containers.
- Build Swarm and Kubernetes clusters for server deployments!
- Hand’s-on with best practices for making Dockerfiles and Compose files like a Pro!
- Build and publish your own custom images.
- Create your own custom image registry to store your apps and deploy in corporate environments.
- No paid software required – Just install your favorite text editor and browser!
- Local admin access to install Docker for Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Understand terminal or command prompt basics.
- Linux basics like shells, SSH, and package managers. (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Know the basics of creating a server in the cloud (on any provider). (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Understand the basics of web and database servers. (how they typically communicate, IP’s, ports, etc.)
- Have a GitHub and Docker Hub account.
Updated Monthly in 2019! Be ready for the Dockerized future with the number ONE Docker + Kubernetes mega-course on Udemy. Welcome to the most complete and up-to-date course for learning and using containers end-to-end, from development and testing, to server deployments and production. Taught by an award-winning Docker Captain and DevOps consultant.
Just starting out with Docker? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to containers.
Or: Using Docker now and need to deal with real-world problems? I’m here for you! See my production topics around Swarm, Kubernetes, secrets, logging, rolling upgrades, and more.
BONUS: This course comes with Slack Chat and Live Weekly Q&A with me!
“I’ve followed another course on (Udemy). This one is a million times more in depth.” “…when it comes to all the docker stuff, this is the course you’re gonna want to take” – 2019 Student Udemy Review
Just updated in November 2019 with sections on:
Docker Security top 10
Docker 19.03 release features
Why should you learn from me? Why trust me to teach you the best ways to use Docker? (Hi, I’m Bret, please allow me to talk about myself for a sec):
I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world: I’ve got 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, over 30 certifications, and have been using Docker and the container ecosystem for my consulting clients and my own companies since Docker’s early days. Learn from someone who’s run hundreds of containers across dozens of projects and organizations.
I’m An Educator. Learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus: I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years, I’ve trained thousands of people on using Docker in workshops, conferences, and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, GOTO Conf, and Linux Open Source Summit. I hope you’ll decide to learn with me, and join the fantastic online Docker community.
I Lead Communities. Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about Docker and that I do well in sharing it with others. In the real-world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online: usually in Slack and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
“Because of the Docker Mastery course, I landed my first DevOps job. Thank you Captain!” – Student Ronald Alonzo
“There are a lot of Docker courses on Udemy — but ignore those, Bret is the single most qualified person to teach you.” – Kevin Griffin, Microsoft MVP
Giving Back: a portion of my profit on this course will be donated to supporting open source and protecting our freedoms online! This course is only made possible by the amazing people creating open source. I’m standing on the shoulders of (open source) giants! Donations will be split between my favorite charities including the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Free Software Foundation. Look them up. They’re awesome!
Who this course is for:
- Software developers, sysadmins, IT pros, and operators at any skill level.
- Anyone who makes, deploys, or operates software on servers.